Friday, January 15, 2010

It's finally Friday!!

I can't believe it 2 posts in one week!! I have been feeling pretty good this week. The weightloss thing is going fine. I am hoping that 2010 brings me more self awarness. Last year was a journey, I never have had such a roller coaster ride of feelings.

Joe lost his job in Februrary. It has been difficult but we are getting by. It's been nice to see him relax some, and not work himself to death for a change.

Joe and I went on our first ever vacation together to Clarksdale Mississippi. What a fun time! I was giving him a hard time the other day about not being romantic. He said that he was. I said well, what is your idea of romantic? Because obviously I have missed something...He said our trip to Clarksdale was romantic. Then it hit me, it is all a matter of perspective. To him that was romantic, to me it was fun. I guess I need to change my way of thinking, because..it was romantic. I guess he was right(shh.. don't tell him).

Jessi my 1st born daughter moved out on her own that same month. It made me so sad to be left with only one kid at home. I remember back to when I was a little girl that was all I wanted to be was a mommy. That has been who I am, a mommy and a wife. So that part of me is going away. I know that I am still a mother but it's different being a mommy :)

The other significant thing that happened last year was my 30 pound weightloss. I was fed up with feeling bad about how I looked. I was determined to loose it and fell good about myself while I am still was youngish...

So that is that. I am looking forward to this new year and all of what life has to offer. I am hoping that we can find some friend to hang out with. I miss having people to have fun with.

Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there... you met Bill @ Hopson's? All of those guys there are idiots (read 'great!!!') My daughter carries the dubious title of 'Queen of Hopson's'... not sure how she earned it... not sure I wanna know...!!!

    ~hoes~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we talked to Bill for quite awhile he was giving us all the "poop" on what is going on in Clarksdale. He was bring us up so speed on Morgan Freeman and the plans that Inn has to possilby sell time shares to the Euro crowd...can you believe that!!! Holy crap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... it's quite common to see Morgan Freeman around Clarksdale... I've ran into him several times... and it's so cool to have this conversation with him... and hear that voice face-to-face that one has heard in many movies and TV ads...

    It's amazing the travel that Clarksdale receives due to the existance of some old black bluesmen...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete